Tiny Treasures

I'm new at this blogging thing.  I have my favorite blogs that I read every few days or so.  What I enjoy the most about reading blogs is the inspiration I draw from them.  I often times feel fearful of stepping out of my comfort zone.  {I almost always paint something white!}  I love how reading a blog can give me just enough confidence to start a new project, paint something RED or try a new meal.  When I stopped by Centsational Girl today Kate had   Favorite Souvenirs Link Party going on.  This is just another reason I love checking in on what these super talented ladies are doing.  What a great thing to think about!  I pass by my little collections everyday while in my house, but what are my favorites?

This past weekend I actually thought about this picture.  I live thousands of miles from where this wide river rolls around the lush rolling hills, eventually finding the ocean to pour itself into.  It's a place that deep inside will always call home.   I grew up in rural Pennsylvania and picked this beautiful print up in the local library.  It's an ariel picture of the Allegheny River Valley.  The picture next to it is one I snapped years ago.  I grew up just a few minutes from here and passed by almost daily.  As a child we would get ice cream and take in the view or watch hang gliders soar to the bottom.

A River Runs Through It

I love and often miss this place. 


Comments

  1. What lovely souvenirs - reminders of home. I was just asking my 20 year old daughter what her favourite souvenirs were and they both were pictures she had bought in places she had visited. It does seem a good souvenir as you can use it to decorate your home and enjoy it throughout the year. Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! They travel light too! Thanks for checking them out.

      FYI: You, are the first person to comment on my blog....I was tickled to see that. AND happy you stopped by!

      Amanda

      Delete
  2. beautiful pictures! these are souvenirs that can evoke good memories to anyone I guess, just because their so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vel! I'm rather fond of them, too! Thanks for checking them out!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful souvenirs. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts